of the Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle
Celebrate Kemp’s Ridley Conservation Day
- Be part of the shell-e-bration on the first anniversary of the Kemp’s Ridley being named our state turtle. This free, family event is an outdoor festival featuring a variety of turtle & marine-related activities, exhibits and crafts.
- Photo opportunities with “Rob” the ridley (11 AM-11:45) our mascot!
- Turtle costume contest, judging at noon. “Ridley’s rule!”
- Turtle Sand Sculptor Contest, judging at 1 PM. “Lone Star Turtle Sculptor”.
- Turtle relay races, only slower! Kids be part of the “Ridley Rally!”
- Registration begins at 11 AM for costume and sand sculptor contests.
May 10, 2014 11-3 PM
Stewart Beach Park, 201 Seawall Blvd. Galveston, Texas
(In front of the pavilion)
SEA TURTLE RESTORATION PROJECT
A program of Turtle Island Restoration Network
2228 BROADWAY GALVESTON, TX 77550
409-795-8426 | JOANIE@TIRN.NET| SEATURTLES.ORG